YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 1 October 2017

Heartbreak


All good photos are courtesy of Mario. 

This week has been a devastatingly sad week. I can't even describe to you just how heartbroken I am. After the sheer euphoria of last weeks antics, stuffing my face with food and increasing my risk of obesity, I can't help but feel distraught. You might be asking why. Good question. This week, two of the most beautiful, hilarious friends I could ever have, left Divonne to go home. And I know I'm not alone and that I have other friends, but it just reminds me that while we're on this weird roundabout of au pairing, people are constantly getting on and off. I should probably get used to people leaving, there's at least three people I know leaving before March. I'm not sure that it'll ever get any easier. It's hard, when you completely fall in love with someone's personality, to the point where you can't imagine not seeing them every day. When you form friendships with people, like the ones I have with Paula and Meta, it's hard to let them go, even if you know it's a ‘see ya later’ rather than ‘goodbye.’ 
Paula's departure was a bit sudden, so unfortunately we didn't get much time to say goodbye. We had planned on a hike (it's becoming a common theme, I know) but she ran out of petrol and we didn't have enough time. It's sad to see her chair empty at French class, or to start typing to see if she's free, then remember she's back in Spain. She's an absolutely amazing person.
I managed to spend a bit of time with Meta before she left. We discovered a new place together and just enjoyed each other's company.


The Saturday she left, we went to Bern, Lausanne and Geneva to explore. 
We had a fantastic day, with lots of laughs and food. Although, I think spending the whole day with her made it so much harder to say goodbye. See, she's the kind of person whose sheer presence makes you feel at ease. She's calm and quiet, but totally hilarious and utterly beautiful, inside and out. Meta was the first person I met when I came here. She was the light that made me feel less alone, like I could actually make it through this year. I will truly miss her (she knows how much I love her!)

The only plus is that, when I'm meeting people who I really like from all corners of the world, I have gained some pretty awesome places to put on my list of places to visit! Currently, Spain and Slovenia are at the top of my list, so that I can see my lovelies once more. 
When I finish up here, who knows where I'll go or what I'll do. There's an innate feeling inside me that craves travel. I want to see as much of this crazy planet as I possibly can, and I want to do it with people I love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment