YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday 26 September 2017

Food glorious food

Holy guacamole! 
So I managed to get all that stuff done on Friday (I haven't got a clue how, there are not enough hours in the day.)

Ever since my visit from Jess, I've felt more myself. I'm happier and I am determined to make the absolute most of this 10 months. 
It's amazing how talking absolute crap with one of your oldest friends can uplift you like nothing else. It wasn't until Jess came that I realised, maybe I'm actually settling here. After spending over a month here already, this life is becoming the norm. It's mad. When I first got here and was more miserable than I've ever been in my life, I never imagined being in the place I am now. I can't deny, I'm really happy.

Staying up late Friday night was a BAD idea. Especially when you have to wake at an ungodly hour that is cold and dark. Saturday was the ‘Cows, Chocolate and Cheese’ event, organised by Link. I've got to love getting up at 5:30am to be in Nyon for 7:30am. 
First, we watched the Desalpes in Charmey. This is when the farmers bring the herds down from the mountains, through the village and to the fields. The cows were decorated (weird) and people seem to live for this festival. People were genuinely shoving other people out of the way so that they could see these cows. I felt like saying, they're just cows, cows are cows…


We got a little bored watching a load of cows walking about, so decided to see what the stalls had to offer. Two words. Free cheese. I tried so much cheese on these stalls, that I could've put them out of business! 
Moving on to the chocolate factory… 
I swear I'm going to get married in that place (wink wink nudge nudge Meta and Paula.) The amount of chocolate I was cramming in, you'd think I'd been deprived. Side note: totally not deprived, I'm sure you've seen my stash.





I can't lie, the cheese factory was a little disappointing. You got barely any free cheese (always thinking of my stomach) and the churns weren't even on! Absolute cop out.
After the ‘cheese factory’, we were pretty much free to roam for a bit. I'd be interested to know what the angle of that slope up to the centre was, because when you've spent a full day on your feet, a hill is definitely not what you want to see…



I have to say, I wasn't disappointed with the old town. The souvenir shops were a tad odd though. Never before have I seen miniature toothpaste, woolly hats and novelty condoms on the same shelf. Anyone who buys a condom with a phrase on it that endorses rape is not my kind of human being.
While everyone else was spending 18.50CHF on soup, Kee, Paula and I pigged out in absolute crap food and sandwiches I made (top wife material here.) This free time meant that we got chance to see the Alien bar, which we incredible. My only regret is that we didn't have time to have a drink there.



If you think that coming home meant the end of my binge eating, it did not. Between deep conversations with my Spanish señorita, I managed to eat every single free piece of food I received that day on the bus journey home. Boy, did I regret that! Someone is going to have to roll me back to England…

Sunday comes around, the binge eating continues. I managed to get four or five hours sleep before I had to get up for my Sunday morning ‘tutoring’. I use the term tutoring loosely, because it consisted of a little bit of reading and a whole lot of dressing up. I seem to be finding myself in clothes for four year olds far too often…nursery ladies, you know what I'm talking about #dragongate
According to this lad, I am officially a pirate, assisting him on his quest to defeat the whales with horns. It's an incredible feeling when you know a child finally likes you, they make it pretty obvious. This week, he got in a massive huff because his dad told him I had to go, right in the middle of an intense battle. He was not impressed! 



After that, I heading to the market again to buy a load of food. A coconut and Nutella crêpe was my first victim, closely followed by a massive taco and many, many churros. 

A group of us spent the whole day at the lake, just enjoying each other's company while we still can. Paula brought a slackline to attach to the trees and I swear I became a woman possessed. The desperation I felt to master this slackline was ridiculous. After many attempts, I managed about four steps before I plummeted to the floor. It's not great but it's four better than nothing! I'm half tempted to buy one, just so that I can look like a complete prat in public. 





I've made a start on the macarons I bought at the market. Damn they are good. 

Orange chocolate, double chocolate and salted caramel. Need I say any more? I think my 5 lb weight gain since I got here is only going to increase…never mind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment