YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Wandering...wondering

While I'm sat here looking after other people's kids that won't listen to me, my mind wanders to the surrogate babies I left behind. I wonder if mummies are starting to get sad at the thought of their babies starting school so soon. I think of how much I miss them and whether I made the right choice by leaving. I'm excited to see all of the stereotypical first day pictures, stood in front of the front door in their brand new uniforms, but can't help but wish I was there to look through the window at them or give them all big cuddles. I think of how, in only a few months, they will be so different from when I last saw them. They will be bigger, brighter, more intelligent and much more tired! It is indescribable, the way you feel about other people's children when you spend so much time with them. It is a certain kind of love and care that is very strange but oh so wonderful. The pride you feel when they achieve something, the pain and sadness you share when someone is unkind to them, the feeling of an unprovoked hug just when you needed it the most. It is these moments you cherish for all of eternity, even though those children will not remember you in a few months. 

For now, it is just the boy and I. The house is unusually quiet and we've managed to squeeze in a dinner as a ‘family of four.’ I fear it is the calm before the storm. When school comes next week, it'll be chaos. Chaos that a sleep deprived Sara is not quite ready for. Although, I did squeeze in a solitary trip to Carrefour to sneakily get some chocolate...





French television and French music is weird. I'll just leave this here.



I'm still waiting for the three parcels mum sent last week, but I don't think I'll need shorts by the time I get them! The weather is supposed to get cooler towards the end of the week, so hopefully I'll be less sweaty in the very near future. 

I'm currently sat waiting for a food delivery...and the cleaning lady...and the boy’s play date. So basically I'm not going anywhere today. Hooray

No comments:

Post a Comment