YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 27 August 2017

Busy busy busy

According to the family, we’re surrounded by people from Kuwait and Saudi Arabia that don't actually live here 95% of the time. Wouldn't it be nice to have an absolutely huge summer home? 




I've found some French books that a previous au pair left, so hopefully I won't have to buy any new ones! As well as that, I've found Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and have always wanted to read it. Hopefully I'll get the chance.

Day five I finished the princess castle (finally!) It only took two days. I think it looks pretty impressive, if I do say so myself! 

In the morning we went to a playground called Forestland which is great, but very expensive. The children easily spent the €50 they were given. Bare in mind, that was how much I brought with me to France…
I also got the chance to go out and eat an Indian with some other au pairs. Unfortunately, most of them are leaving soon so I'll have to try and find other friends.




Can we talk about what kind of heaven exists in the shape of double peanut butter Magnums?! YES YES YES!
Although there are some yummy things here, I really do miss semi skimmed milk. This family eat and drink so healthily, which something I'm not necessarily used to. And I'm sure I'll soon get bored of having pasta every.single.day.




Day six consisted of going food shopping...again. Having never been in a family of this size, I forget how much people can eat! We get through so much food trying to feed everyone, it's crazy.
In the afternoon, the two youngest and I played basketball for a while until their parents picked us up to go to Nyon. The family did a bit of swimming in Lake Geneva, while I stayed and watched the bags. It was another late night, we didn't eat until 9:30/10, which something would never happen at home!







Day seven we went to Geneva… when literally everything was shut. I'm not sure what the idea of that was but anyway. From what I saw, it's got very expensive shops (Dior, Rolex, Michael Kors) and is generally always very busy. We sat for a while in Parc des Bastions, where a group of people had a ‘Love Box’ that I'm intrigued about but too scared to ask. Day seven marks my first week living in France and boy has it felt like a long week! 




Hopefully next week is more relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment