YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Drained

What a crazy few days! So, I'm here and I'm already being run ragged. How can these children have so much energy?! 

So day one, this happened…

One hand is a sunset, the other the sea. How creative (and absurdly messy!)
Earlier in the day, I was taken on a tour of the town. It was market day, so ridiculously busy, but the food looked delicious. Nowhere else have I seen rotisserie chicken done outside! So cool.

Day two, I was put through the paces. (Why I chose a really fit family to au pair for is beyond me.)
The two girls, their grandpa and I went on a long bike ride to the lake and around it. I can't even describe how beautiful it is. Essentially we're slap bang in the middle of The Alps and the Jura mountains. Like, I can literally see Mont Blanc when I eat breakfast! 



                                         
 
Day three has been somewhat uneventful. One of the neighbours has a pool and they invited us all around, so I had a lovely time with the mum drinking tea. Unfortunately, I couldn't go swimming as Mother Nature had other plans for me. 

The one thing I have noticed is that late nights and early mornings seem to be a thing here and for someone who REALLY likes their sleep, I'm a little worried that I won't be able to keep up. 
I'm absolutely gutted that the grandparents have gone, because now I'm all alone. And for someone who only speaks Finnish, the grandad is a lot of fun. 






We will see what tomorrow brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment