YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 13 August 2017

Organised chaos

As most of you know, this will be my last week in England. On Sunday, I set sail (fly) to start my new adventure in France. To my surprise, I'm actually pretty chilled (so far) and have created multiple lists of things to take and stuff to sort out before I go. I've even shown dad around Harold (my car) so that he knows how to fill him up with petrol, as he's a very special machine to me and I have reluctantly allowed dad to drive him while I'm away!

Since my last blog, a lot has happened. As I still feel a bit guilty for abandoning mum, I thought I'd treat her to a day out for her birthday. Somewhere she's always longed to go to: Althorp House. We had a bit of a titter in the car because I royally messed up  the directions (no pun intended) and we ended up in a completely random spot. When we eventually did get there, I wondered why on earth there were tonnes of people waiting outside. Turns out it doesn't open until midday and I had failed to read that small print on the website. After much waiting around (and dancing around, I was desperate for a wee) we were let in. Hoorah! On entry I saw these beauties in the next field. Man I freakin' love deer! Apologies for the atrocious picture, I am not skilled in this department.



Cracking on with the tour, I think it's safe to say that all three of us felt choked up in the Diana exhibit. The pictures in there are the last 12 professional photographs taken before she died and you can't help being hit with sadness. She was a wonderful woman and it's clear to see how much she meant to people. Her final resting place is beautiful, hidden right in the centre of a small lake where it's peaceful and undisturbed.


I can only hope mum enjoyed her birthday as much as I did (minus the old bat that made a hash of the house tour.) 
After Althorp House, I marched her into Northampton to get her nose pierced, as I was tired of hearing about how much she wanted it done. She seems like a happy little bunny here, so I think I did good.



Next on the agenda was Baileybear's birthday. How inconsiderate of her to be born precisely 3 days (and a few years) after mum! 
After much deliberation (and our previous plan falling through) we settled on going to Stratford. Let me just say that driving there was interesting, as I was praying the sat nav didn't ruin the surprise. It didn't, Katie didn't realise where we were going until we were nearly there. Result!
Off we trotted for a chilled out day fit for a grandma, or three. First, we went back in time to The Fourteas (40's lol pun) for afternoon tea. Holy mother of God, that stuff was gooooooood. 






There's some lovely pictures at the café, everyone looks pleased as punch. Here's me when I got home (Trigger warning, I look much less polished)


I'm expecting an influx of modelling agencies to contact me any day now!


All in all, Stratford gave us heavenly food, stunning weather and free chocolates at Jo Malone. My weak bladder made another appearance, this time at the very beginning of a 40 minute boat cruise, very convenient timing! I was about ready to drop my pants and pee over the side of the boat. The only reason I didn't was for fear of plunging into the water, naked butt first, getting chopped up by boat propellers or drowning.
This dog had a much more stress free experience, I am most jealous.
Once I relieved my bladder, we made our way home. I provided some car-based entertainment by profusely shouting at my car to phone my mum, so hard that I got a headache. This was made funnier by the fact it put me through at THE MOST inconvenient time. So there I was, mum was on loudspeaker and I was going up a nearly vertical hill in second gear, while Katie and Megan were trying desperately not to wet themselves laughing at me. 


*
Side note
While all of this was going on, Tash had entrusted me to care for her animals. 
WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER I AM NOT GOOD WITH ANIMALS!? 
Put in brief, I made friends with the cat and the guinea pig tried to slit my throat. 
Happy days.
It's all swings and roundabouts. 
*

Then came the wet Wednesday of winners, where a few of the nursery family got together and caused havoc in the Scout hut for a couple of hours. It was so lovely to see them all again, for what was potentially the last time *wipes tears from eye*
I laugh now at how naive we all were to think that the English summer weather would be kind to us. However, it was all made better with sugary foods and lots of laughs. I will sincerely miss all of you, especially the small humans. 

Thanks for the pictures Laura! 😭😭😭


Last but not least, an update on the Skype situation. Just when I thought we were getting somewhere my mum pulls this stunt.

Don't ask why or what or how, I don't have the answers. All I know is we need much more practice than I first thought. God bless technophobes.




















No comments:

Post a Comment