YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday 25 June 2018

Time flies

I can't believe how fast time is flying by! It almost seems like yesterday I was packing up my stuff to move to another country and now my time here is running away. In a mere two weeks I'll be back at home, enjoying my mums food and watching daytime TV, but for now I'm cramming stuff into every spare moment. 

On Wednesday, Kevin had his Year 6 Exhibition at school. The entire year group spent seven weeks working hard to create presentations on what they're most passionate about. Needless to say, Kev chose the subject 'Sport and Health', where he extensively researched facts and figures on everything from recommended bedtimes to ideal exercises. He and a friend even organised a football match as their 'action', which went well and they were pretty happy with it. We were all super proud of him, especially for talking to people so confidently (in French and English!) Good job Kevlar.
The following day, a few people from the French classes visited the Château in Ferney Voltaire. We had a guided tour of the castle, which seemed to go on forever, and were free to explore the grounds a bit afterwards. Most of us had brought food to share for our picnic afterwards, so we parked up in a suitable spot and tucked in. It was unfortunate that a lot of people couldn't make it, as it was probably our last chance to get together before people leave. Never mind!
Voltaire
Sylvie's homemade pie

Later that day, we had 
Fête de la musique in the centre of Divonne. A few of us wandered around, listening to different types of music and watching some dances. We grabbed some cocktails, which weren't great, and sat by the DJ outside Full Moon for a while. Someone started the most depressing dance circle I've ever seen, there was only one woman doing it with a bunch of children. When Brenda came later, we spent the whole night dancing and singing along to Waitlist (the band of Krisztina's host dad). God knows why they had it on a Thursday, but I suppose it's only once a year and we're all sleep deprived anyway!

Saturday = Chamonix.
My god, what an absolutely stunning place! All three of us were in awe of the views and were super pleased with the weather. After filling our stomachs, we headed towards the train station. Seeing the Ice Cave was at the absolute top of my list, so I was happy to pay for the train up. That was one hell of a train journey. You're literally ascending up a huge mountain, until you get to the top and have to descend into the cave. 
The ice cave was more than a little cold and you have to be careful of the droplets coming from the ceiling. There are some fantastic sculptures in there and there's even some that you can sit on. It was well worth the drive, that's for sure. I only wish we had more time to explore...

That evening, we were supposed to have a BBQ, but the first place we went wasn't ideal and when we got to Nyon I was already exhausted. I stayed for a little while and wandered around the music festival there. There was a heavy metal band playing near us and they were actually really good. It took me back to my Year 9 days, when I had very diverse tastes in music. Those were the days!

I spent most of the day at Isa's house on Sunday. We ate and laughed and played Uno, until it was time to watch the Columbia vs Poland match. That's an interesting experience when you're sat with a bunch of Columbians! There was only one Polish guy in the pub, so he must've felt quite outnumbered. The game left me emotionally exhausted (I was praying that Poland would get at least one goal), so I got back and completely crashed. I still woke up half-dead, obviously, but nothing a good, strong cup of tea couldn't help. 

Now that I don't have French, I'm not sure what to do with myself, apart from writing. Hopefully I'll find some things to fill the remaining days up so they go a little quicker!

No comments:

Post a Comment